Furnace Installation in Winchester, MO
Furnace installation in Winchester, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Winchester area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Winchester, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Winchester, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do take emergency calls in the Winchester area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Winchester, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Winchester, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Winchester, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Winchester, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Winchester, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s still a good idea to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is oversized, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, kitchen knives, or anything else you want to get long-term use out of, the the manufacturing of a product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Winchester, MO home.
Our Winchester, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Winchester, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the Winchester area to choose from. Our knowledge and ethics have made us the “go-to” choice for many Winchester, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Winchester, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Winchester area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Winchester, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.