Furnace Installation in Manchester, MO
Furnace installation in Manchester, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Manchester homeowners. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Manchester, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Manchester, MO
A lot of the calls we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do offer 24/7 emergency service in the Manchester area, we always suggest monitoring your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Manchester, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing theirs every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Manchester, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Manchester, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Manchester, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Manchester, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Manchester, MO home.
Our Manchester, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Manchester, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace experts in the Manchester area to choose from. Our knowledge and ethics have made us the #1 choice for many Manchester, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Manchester, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Manchester area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Manchester, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.