Furnace Installation in Frontenac, MO
Furnace installation in Frontenac, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Frontenac homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Frontenac, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Frontenac, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24/7 emergency service in the Frontenac area, we always advise monitoring your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Frontenac, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last around 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can significantly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Frontenac, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Frontenac, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Frontenac, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Frontenac, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s still a good idea to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — Each home needs a different size furnace. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you need. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you intend to get long-term use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Frontenac, MO house needs.
Our Frontenac, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Frontenac, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace experts that advertise to Frontenac, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and honesty have made us the #1 choice for many Frontenac, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Frontenac, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Frontenac area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Frontenac, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.