Furnace Installation in Brentwood, MO
Furnace installation in Brentwood, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Brentwood area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Brentwood, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Brentwood, MO
A lot of the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Brentwood area, we always suggest monitoring your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Brentwood, MO include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Brentwood, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Brentwood, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Brentwood, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Brentwood, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — Each home requires a different size furnace. If the furnace is oversized, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and it will shut off before your whole house is warm. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of just two or three settings, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, kitchen knives, or anything else you intend to get years of use out of, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your Brentwood, MO home.
Our Brentwood, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Brentwood, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the Brentwood area to choose from. Our expertise and honesty have made us the #1 choice for many Brentwood, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Brentwood, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Brentwood area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Brentwood, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.