Furnace Installation in St. Charles County, MO
Furnace installation in St. Charles County, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the St. Charles County area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in St. Charles County, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in St. Charles County, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the St. Charles County area, we always advise keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. You might need a new furnace installation in St. Charles County, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing theirs every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it’s time for a new one.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Charles County, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Charles County, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in St. Charles County, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s St. Charles County, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to read up on the topic before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last years, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your St. Charles County, MO home.
Our St. Charles County, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Charles County, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the St. Charles County area to choose from. Our expertise and ethics have made us the #1 choice for many St. Charles County, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Charles County, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the St. Charles County area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in St. Charles County, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.