Furnace Installation in Creve Coeur, MO
Furnace installation in Creve Coeur, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and noticing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Creve Coeur area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Creve Coeur, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Creve Coeur, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Creve Coeur area, we always recommend keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Call a furnace installation service in Creve Coeur, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has worsened, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Creve Coeur, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Creve Coeur, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Creve Coeur, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Creve Coeur, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and it will shut off before your whole house is warm. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you need. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you want to get long-term use out of, the product itself is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Creve Coeur, MO house needs.
Our Creve Coeur, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Creve Coeur, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace experts that cater to Creve Coeur, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us the #1 choice for many Creve Coeur, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Creve Coeur, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Creve Coeur area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Creve Coeur, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.