Furnace Installation in Valley Park, MO
Furnace installation in Valley Park, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Valley Park area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Valley Park, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Valley Park, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Valley Park area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. You might need a new furnace installation in Valley Park, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last around 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Valley Park, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Valley Park, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Valley Park, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Valley Park, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s important to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, baseball gloves, or anything else you intend to get years of use out of, the the manufacturing of a product is of utmost importance. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your Valley Park, MO home.
Our Valley Park, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Valley Park, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts that advertise to Valley Park, MO homeowners. Our expertise and honesty have made us a leading choice for many Valley Park, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Valley Park, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Valley Park area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Valley Park, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.